Heroes of Swords and Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2019 3:12 pm  #1

How would we feel about changing open bidding to silent bidding?

Currently when a nice item drops, we sit through minutes of people one upping each other. If multiple items drop, we sit through that again for each item. It wastes time.

A silent bidding system fixes those problems. If 3 items drop, 3 officers step up. "Send bids to me for 1". "Send bids to me for 2". "Send bids to me for 3". Everyone messages their top bids for the items, and then the officer announces what sold for what to who. Because the prices can't slowly increment and multiple items can be dealt with at the same time, it saves time which makes the raid more fun for everyone.

(Officers wouldn't be allowed to bid on the item they're auctioning.

9/23/2019 3:34 pm  #2

Re: How would we feel about changing open bidding to silent bidding?

There are pros and cons for each. In my last guild, we used the silent bid. Which most of the folks hated.
Silent bids seem to inflate prices ( everyone bids max bid ). Could be collusion...
Open bids are slower yes, but prices are based on need and wants. Of course, you will have some folks bid 1 point just win a unwanted item, but if folks wanted it.. they would bid.

Just my 2 cents.

9/23/2019 4:02 pm  #3

I like the bidding letting people bid up keeps the fun in the game. I want to know who I'm bidding against and know if I want to keep bidding. Yeah some items go for 1 DKP but for newbies that don't have a lot of dkp it gives them a chance to get items and not waste a bunch of points. I keep the bidding moving and it doesn't slow things down much. People can still bid as we pull and kill or med up. This way also helps me keep track of who bids what on each item and gives me time to write them down and keep notes. Yeah I'm still old school and actually write in a notebook what item drops and who bid on it and how much. Then manually enter it all in the message board after each raid. I know there are easier ways and other programs that can track DKP but I really do enjoy taking the time to keep track of everything old school. I have notes and logs that I can double check if anything gets off. I'm OCD about everything so this helps me stay organized. I can get an idea of who's on each raid and helps me know when someone has been missing for an extended amount of time.

4/28/2021 4:41 am  #4

I think it would be nice to have some kind of chat room where we could all get together and chat about games and whatnot.  Get to know the members a little bit better.

9/24/2021 6:38 am  #5

10/07/2021 2:25 am  #6

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfilter
gearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedhead
handradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstress
jogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottle
kneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporal
lancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcern
mammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystem
offsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridge
randomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunit
seawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuilding
tuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

11/26/2021 10:21 pm  #7

11/26/2021 10:22 pm  #8

11/26/2021 10:23 pm  #9

11/26/2021 10:24 pm  #10

11/26/2021 10:26 pm  #11

11/26/2021 10:27 pm  #12

11/26/2021 10:28 pm  #13

11/26/2021 10:29 pm  #14

11/26/2021 10:30 pm  #15

11/26/2021 10:31 pm  #16

11/26/2021 10:32 pm  #17

11/26/2021 10:33 pm  #18

11/26/2021 10:35 pm  #19

11/26/2021 10:36 pm  #20

11/26/2021 10:37 pm  #21

11/26/2021 10:38 pm  #22

11/26/2021 10:39 pm  #23

11/26/2021 10:40 pm  #24

11/26/2021 10:41 pm  #25

11/26/2021 10:43 pm  #26

11/26/2021 10:44 pm  #27

11/26/2021 10:45 pm  #28

11/26/2021 10:46 pm  #29

11/26/2021 10:47 pm  #30

Board footera