Heroes of Swords and Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2019 7:56 pm  #1

Shield of the Immaculate

OK a Shield of the Immaculate dropped tonight in hate. Since we didn't have a DKP system set up to handle this yet the officers decided to give the shield to me as I have been the main tank for the guild basically since day one of the old guild. 

I heard a lot of talk about people being angry this was assigned and not rolled on.  I also heard a lot of talk about it should be rolled on by everyone and sold if they wanted to sell it. As far as I'm concerned this is a guild item and should remain within the guild and given to whoever can put it to the best use. No item like this should ever be random off and sold to classes that cant use it when others in the guild can put it to good use.  At this point that would be Burta as I have been the main tank for the guild and have attended every raid we've had since day one. 

Now while this isn't fair for me to just be handed the item I think it's fair to jump start the DKP system and put this down as a 35 DKP item which also cannot leave the guild. If i upgrade I have to hand it down and if no one needs it then it's sold for the guild bank. This way it's not just given to me it was paid for with DKP and it will be an item that cannot leave the guild so it's technically not my item, I'm just renting it.

Also I just wanted to point out as well that I have spent a lot of my own pp gearing up to help out the guild in general. I bought a RBB and a HBC and a full resist kit with my own money to keep myself as best equipped as I could be for the MT position in the guild. I don't want to take anything from the guild without giving back hence the reason I'm saying this shield is a guild item and will stay in the guild and not be sold only handed down.

The rules for the new DKP system will be in place by Wednesday nights raid so we never have a situation like this again where such a high priced item drops and we don't have a system in place to handle it. Any other thoughts or suggestions please post them here.

4/14/2019 8:49 pm  #2

Re: Shield of the Immaculate

I've researched this issue since last night, and it appears it was handled correctly and fairly.  

Last edited by Orestas (4/15/2019 2:54 pm)

4/14/2019 9:20 pm  #3

It's not so much of a loyalty issue it's more of whats in the best interest of the guild as a whole. It benefits the guild to have a MT that attends every raid to be decked out in the best armor and equipment in the game. There is several of us who already have all the planes armor in the game but still attend to raids to help others fill out the pieces they are missing. If you attend the raids then you will eventually get fully geared up. This wasn't something we were prepared for tonight as we just reformed the guild 2 days ago. The DKP system was still being worked on and it was just poor timing that this dropped when it did.

The original call was to give it to the one who could most use it for the guild and no DKP be taken at all.  I didn't feel that was fair and felt that I should have to pay something at least for being allowed to loot the item. Hence the 35 DKP taken from me and the item being on loan from the guild and still guild property for the time being.

It also could have easily been said that since we had no DKP system then the item be loots by the bank and sold for the guild to buy whatever the guild needed. There was several ideas put forth on how this could be handle and I'm sure many more to come. Had it been random to everyone in attendance I'm sure that would have pissed off all the tanks, had it been randomed to just the tanks that would have pissed off all the caster. This really was a no win situation and was being handled in the way that is best for the guild as a whole. 

As I said in my post this won't be an issue anymore as the DKP system will be in full effect starting Wednesday night at the raid. DKP items will be allowed to be bid on by anyone who has points if they can use the item or not. This way it keeps the people who actually raid able to get items they really want and at the same time removes points from them so they are not always the one winning items.  

No guild is perfect and nothing you do is gonna make everyone happy 100% of the time. I encourage any other officers or class leaders to post on here and give us your thoughts. 

4/14/2019 9:42 pm  #4

I am the original founder of this guild. In the original dkp post there was a section that made for certain allowances for special items. I have posted it since the creation of the guild. The shield of the immaculate was designated for the tank class as the Tobin's eye-patch was designated for the int/wis casters. The monks got the weight reduction bag. The healers got the click stick. I agree the special items need to stay in the guild but I also realize that someone will take and run the first time they don't like the guild. It has a few times already since the guild has started. The officers were picked by me when the guild started because their dedication to the guild. I am not currently in the game but I will agree with the officers decision to give the shield to Burta. He has proven to me early on that he was worthy as my replacement. The officers felt and saw the contributions of Burta and awarded him the shield. I agree. The Shield first needs to go the main tank because of its ability to cure the main tank. Now there will be more shields that drop in future raids for tanks. So please intend on being early to the raids, trying your best, and not complaining. You guys make me proud every day that you are doing well and kicking ass without me being there. Hold your head up and move forward,

Sincerely
Barto, founder.

4/14/2019 9:54 pm  #5

I think special items should be awarded to the highest attendance percentage ratio for the desired dropped. One special item per player so choose wisely. The officer should decide between ties. If someone is caught by the guild selling raid items and not the sharing the proceeds, they should be permanently ban and blacklisted with the other Mangler guilds. I recommend that a player recieving special loot can trade in the droppable item for another one and the Traded-in item should be auctioned off and the proceeds split among active guild members. Any Questions?

Last edited by Barto Windsong (4/14/2019 10:02 pm)

4/15/2019 4:46 am  #6

but i think the shield should go to some random idiot in the guild who is 46 been to 1 raid and will quit when they get upset. and then they can sell it for half of what its worth. someone who has done very little for the guild and that same person will continue to have 0 impact on the guild. ROFL. these items always piss people off. but man i wanted the most expensive item in the game. based on luck. because me haveing X amount of gold is more important than the MT living. whaaaa. Bernie sanders the shield off. if you want the item for the value and not the use. you dont deserve the item.

Last edited by greel (4/15/2019 4:46 am)

4/15/2019 5:16 am  #7

To be honest the shield is crap but rare as hell. The casting time is way to slow.

4/15/2019 5:18 am  #8

I guess its good it you dont have anything.

Last edited by Barto Windsong (4/15/2019 5:21 am)

10/07/2021 12:46 am  #10

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.ru
gearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ru
handradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.ru
jogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.ru
kneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.ru
lancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.ru
mammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ru
offsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.ru
randomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ru
seawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ru
tuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

11/13/2021 7:41 pm  #11

11/13/2021 7:42 pm  #12

11/13/2021 7:43 pm  #13

11/13/2021 7:44 pm  #14

11/13/2021 7:45 pm  #15

11/13/2021 7:46 pm  #16