Heroes of Swords and Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2019 10:55 am  #1

Raid Namer Aggro

What should we do when someone other than the main tank has aggro?

On trash mobs, I routinely hit taunt if someone other than a tank gets aggro.  I see non-tanks running around if they get aggro, and on trash mobs, I don't think there is too much danger to the raid force for doing so.  Tank taunt at this stage of the game has a very limited range, so running will often increase the time a non-tank has aggro.

My question is what to do when non-tanks get aggro on namers?  I know the main tank will immediately hit the taunt button and provoke if that doesn't work when anyone else gets aggro.

I find myself hitting the taunt button if it is a cleric, chanter or shaman as I know they must do things that generate huge amounts of agro to help ensure success.  Should I try to taunt the namer off anyone if I am not the main tank?  I know having to heal anyone other than the main tank can knock off the rhythm and can lead to a wipe.

My other question is what should the unfortunate member that got agro do?  I suspect that the raid forces best chance of survival would be for them to immediately stop doing anything that generates agro (casting, sitting, swinging etc) and hope that the main tank will regain aggro.  It seems that running can cause the namer to move, which essentially is dropping the raids DPS far more than a single player dying.

Last nights Hate raid was awesome, and I am looking forward to taking down all the Bosses.

I am happy to hear thoughts on how I can contribute more to the guild's success.

4/15/2019 11:18 am  #2

Re: Raid Namer Aggro

Your doing everything right for the named. If the mt loses aggro (which happens alot lol) hit that taunt and provoke and try to save the non-melee people. Warriors are built to take a hit or two. But dont be surprised or mad if u die because of it. Like u said healing anyone other than the main tank can throw a rotation off but thats why we have the non-clerics to spot heal people like u who grab agro for a second or two. Another suggestion is when u do get aggro off the non-melee u want to lose it as fast as u can and get it back on the main tank. So once u notice u have aggro and see the mob bouncing between u and the mt turn attack off for a couple seconds and let the mt take the aggro back over.

I've been trying to build aggro up a few seconds longer then we have been before calling the other dps but need to work on it myself too. Right now is our learning curve so it doesnt matter as much. But once kunark comes out a lot of the mobs were gonna want me tanking them for a good 30 seconds or more to build that aggro up before we call everyone else in. We need to watch out with sending pets in before i call attack and make sure everyone has pet taunt turned off. Its really hard to position a mob correctly when they have pets on them. When i walk away they naturally attack the pet and it takes twice as long to get them set up.

We're working good together and everyone is doing what needs to be done. Lots of communication going on and pre-planning. Beerd is the man. He knows his stuff. I've never raided a while bunch so its still kinda new to me as well. He's a lifesaver and we got lucky getting him before another guild snatched him up.

As for the trash mobs right now they die so fast just make sure ur assisting the MA and dont worry about aggro too much. Just dont taunt and stay on the mob.

4/15/2019 11:52 am  #3

Now some suggestions for when ur MT. 1st get wulf augs for both weapons. The dd's will help build aggro and trust me u need all the help u can get. Armor and lassic pull agro off me like u wouldnt believe. Warriors really do suck at holding aggro.

Next taunt all u can. Everytime it pops do it again. Its not as good as provoke but i usually use provoke when i pull a mob in as one of my 1st attacks to get a jump on aggro but then usually dont hit it again until someone pulls aggro. I've noticed that if i use provoke everytime it pops it doesnt work as well as if i save it and wait til just as the mob targets someone else and pop it then. Its a timing thing.

On mezzed targets i alway taunt, the provoke the taunt again before breaking aggro. Seems to make the target less likely to instantly attack the charmer when mezz breaks.

Always try to turn the mobs back to the main portion of the raid. When they start rampaging it's very easy to wipe out half the raid in a matter of seconds if he turns on them. When the mob rampages turn off attack but start jamming on taunt and provoke. During a rampage is the most common time for u to lose aggro to a mob and have him turn on the rest of the group. Ur not generating hit/damage aggro and there's always those mages and wizzys that want to cast during this time. Ideally as soon as the mob rampages everything other than heals should stop.

2 old school tricks not a lot of warriors use anymore.... 1st any buffs u do builds a tiny amount of aggro while fighting. So get yourself an insta-clicky... i use my jboot. I alway have that as my #1 position buff. Not only does it help with mobs that debuff if u jam on it spam casting it over and over during a fight it helps with a tiny amount of extra aggro.

Second old school trick no one uses anymore. Begging builds aggro. Again its a very small amount and the down side is u cant do it while attacking. But to help build aggro with a mezzed mob before breaking mezz or as a mobs incoming before u actually attack it, it works great or if u make a hotbutton to turn off attack,beg, pause half a second and turn back on attack its great for when u lose aggro during a fight.

Thats all i can think of right now im sure im missing stuff. I hope this helps out.

4/15/2019 9:43 pm  #4

STOP SPAMMING TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT!
Taunt does NOT work the way you TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT TAUNT.
What it does is: Highest current threat +1.
What does that mean? DPS A has 599 threat, Tank has 100 threat. TAUNT. Puts Tank to 600 threat.
Know how I can pull so much threat, with out spamming taunt taunt taunt taunt taunt? I just spam high threat abilities, regardless of how many times you spam taunt, I will always over ride it.

So, do not spam taunt! Use it when someone pulls threat off you, then pop your berate line (or other high threat ability), it will essentially put you at +1 threat then +threat from your ability.

4/16/2019 8:24 am  #5

I only hit the taunt button if I don't have aggro.

Most people don't realize that virtually anyone with mana, or better weapons can take aggro from the Main Tank.  This is actually the main reason I asked the question about what to do when someone else gets aggro.

If I am understanding this right, anyone other than the main tank that has aggro on a namer should immediately stop any aggro generation and stand still.  This gives any tank the best opportunity to get aggro from them.  After a tank has aggro, they should stop generating aggro, and take their beating until the Main Tank can re-establish aggro.

What Armor mentioned about taunt being Highest threat +1 also indicates that hitting provoke before hitting taunt is essentially wasting the provoke.  Hit taunt first, then hit provoke if necessary.

Warriors are highly dependent on Procs at this stage of the game to maintain, which are entirely dependent on the RNG.

4/16/2019 11:26 am  #6

Bingo! Taunt then provoke, and/or hope for a wulfinite/stun proc.

4/16/2019 11:31 am  #7

Here is some infos on threats on Zam
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Items_Aggro_Procs

10/07/2021 3:13 am  #9

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.ru
gearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ru
handradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.ru
jogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.ru
kneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.ru
lancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.ru
mammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ru
offsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.ru
randomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ru
seawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ru
tuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

12/24/2021 5:07 am  #11

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.ru
gearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ru
handradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.ru
jogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.ru
kneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.ru
lancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.ru
mammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ru
offsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.ru
randomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ru
seawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ru
tuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

4/01/2022 7:51 am  #13

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфо
tuchkasинфоинфо

6/19/2022 3:15 am  #14

6/19/2022 3:17 am  #15

6/19/2022 3:18 am  #16

6/19/2022 3:19 am  #17

6/19/2022 3:20 am  #18

6/19/2022 3:21 am  #19