Heroes of Swords and Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2019 7:27 am  #1

Barto/Alierris and His Involvement in the Guild

Ok here's the situation with barto/alierris and the guild. Frist off i am not barto. Barto is not a member of this guild at all and has no say in anything that has to do with the guild.  He has no leadership or athority to ban or boot anyone. He makes alot of threats and in toxic to people in general. Hence it is the leaderships decision to have no further contsct with him and to ban and block him from our discord and message boards.

Here's the whole story with him. This coming from my perspective pieced together from what i was told by barto. Im glad to answer any other questions you may have as there is no secrets in this guild we are honest and transparent with everything we do.

Barto originally formed the guild "The Swords and Boards Co" which may of us were a part of. His story is that he tried to do a character transfer from one server to another which resulted in his character being duplicated on 2 different servers. Instead of just deleting the duplicate character on the old server and moving on, he contacted a daybreak employee, not direct through his account, but through facebook and then spent more money trying to help them supposedly "fix" this bug or duplicate the bug in the chance to grant his account immunity to being banned for duping and hacking the account.

After spending additional money on this problem he ask the daybreak employee he contacted on facebook if they would reimburse him for the money he spent buying character transfer tokens and was told no. From what i can gather he was never able to actually prove this was a bug in the game and not a hacking attempt since no one at daybreak had ever seen this happen and no one else, to my knowledge, has ever been able to duplicate this without hacking.

So instead of contacting the daybreak billing department and going through them for the credit for the $60 he spent on transfer tokens, he decided to contact his credit card company and do a chargeback on all payments made to daybreak in the past 6 months. This was payments not only for the 2 transfer tokens he claims was bought to help them fix a bug but also any monthly payments for the game or kronos or anything else he bought from the daybreak store on his 3 accounts during that time.

Daybreak never disputed the charges with his credit card company since I'm sure he filed it as an unauthorized charge and just suspended all 3 of his accounts until the balance due was paid. His argument is they need to prove to him what charges were actually due to him and if not then he shouldn't owe them anything. Something that would take them alot of time and digging to find out so it's much easier for them to just suspend his accounts and let him deal with it.

He then made a 4th account trying to get around this suspension which is the barto account we all know. This is the account he used to form the guild "The Sword and Board Co". That is how the majority of our current guild met.

Over the course of the first 2 weeks on the mangler server barto recruited and built up the guild. He was a decent guild leader but like everyone he had his faults. He micromanaged everything. It was his way or the highway. He was more concerned with the website and dkp sites then he was about actually playing the game. I was asked to sign up for 3 or 4 sites for dkp and websites and discord and forums etc. When he would group with you he was distracted and afk most the time.

In the days leading up to his suspension he put the guild on lockdown by changing the ability to guild invite or to boot people from the guild. No longer allowing officers to do this but only his character barto the guild leader. Everything had to go through him. So when they suspended his account that froze the guild and tied the hands of everyone in the guild.

We gave him a few days after the suspension to see if he could get this worked out and the account back before we reformed. He finally made a post on the discord server saying he was done with the game and took down all the webpages and forums and dkp sites he had us all sign up for. He did say we could continue to use the discord room though. He also made a big post about the guild imploding on facebook letting all the other people out there know what was going on and that our guild was leaderless at this point.

At that time i opened a ticket with daybreak to see what we could do about getting the guild leadership transfer to an officer in the guild. I was told this was impossible the only thing we could do was make a new guild and have everyone get reinvited to that one.

At this time we had a other member of the old guild start making post on the discord server recruiting for his new guild trying to get people to jump ship and move over there. When i logged Burta on that morning i had a tell from someone from that guild before the loading screen even went away trying to recruit me. Within the next 5 minutes i had a total of 3 people from 2 different guilds contact me about joining. I told all of them that just because barto got banned didnt mean we were leaderless, that we were reforming and not going anywhere and to not head hunt our members.

I then created the current guild "Heroes of Swords and Boards" and immedately started moving members to the new guild. This was all on me. No one else. I'm to blame for the name and jumping the gun to get everyone moved over to the new guild before contacting the rest of the officers or waiting to discuss it before we moved. I didn't want to lose the guild or any people to other guilds since our situation was known by everyone and 2 other guilds were actively trying to recruit from us.

About 6 hours into the move to the new guild barto contacted me saying he didn't like us using the words swords and boards in the new guild name. He said it was his name. I told him at that time we already had 70+ people moved into the new guild and there is no option to rename a guild we would have to create a whole new guild and reinvite everyone again. This wasn't something i was going to do. We wanted to make the move as easy and simple as possible and not change anymore then we needed to. Hence the swords and boards being a part of the guild name. Right after i told barto this he pulled down the discord server.

Barto has kept in touch with me sporadically since we reformed. He did seem to be wanting to help how he could and i allow him to do that. I did ask his advice on a few things and talked about what we were doing with the guild. He did make some post saying he was the founder of the guild, which in his defense he kinda is since he founded the original guild but as for this guild Burta, Beerd and Kazu are the leaders. No one else especially not Barto. He can say he founded it all he wants it doesnt mean he runs it or has any say so in what we are doing now.

We had an incident monday night where someone who had gotten angry with someone in the guild and guild removed himself. They then came into our discord server several hours later trying to start more drama with this person and the guild. Barto happened to be on discord and took it apon himself to step in and break up the fighting. And i dont blame him for that. Had i or any other officer or leader of the guild been on we would have done the same thing and probable done it in the same way he did.

The only thing that rubbed people the wrong way was that he was insinuating he was a bigshot in the guild and that he had some weight to throw around by threatening to ban someone from discord. Now while i dont blame him since the tactic worked no one can ban anyone from discord but me. I'm glad he stepped in and put an end to the arguing but he has no actual power.

In my post the next morning concerning the incident i used to example of telling a bard to stand in the corner and play his mana song. He took this as a jab at him and his character. Lol this was not the case at all. It's  a reference to a real life friend who kept bugging me to power level him. He got mad that if i ds'ed him and buffed him and the mobs killed themselves on the ds before he did any damage he wouldn't get exp. So he made a bard since they got an aoe dd at lvl 2. This worked great til he got high enough to group with my mains but then he wanted to go afk all the time and would usually leave a healing song or haste song going. Which, as i pull loads of mobs at once, would always result in him getting aggro and him dying. So it became a running joke with us everytime he wanted to group i would tell him to sit in the corner with my boxed cleric and druid and shut up and play the mana song. It had nothing to do with barto as when he went afk he wasn't considerate enough to leave a song playing...

So which brings us up-to-date with his post this morning and the decision of the leadership of the guild to ban barto from both this message board as well as from the discord server and the guild in game if he does decide to make another account and come back. He has continued to threaten members of the discord channel with banning them when he has no power at all to do that.

Barto was great in forming the guild but we are taking it in a different direction then he had planned. We are not as controlling and more open to suggestions and spreading the leadership out so not one person is incharge of everything. We plan on keeping it simple with 1 discord channel and 1 message board to run everything from so people dont have to sign up for multiple pages or boards or sites. We wish him the best with his lawsuit against daybreak for his lost $60. But we never want to have to go through a mass guild change again.

I just wanted to let everyone know where we came from and where we stand. Barto is the past he has no say in this new guild. Please post here if he continues to contact you or harass you. He act like a child and seems unstable with his lies, ego trip and threats. So we are doing everything we can to distance ourselves and the guild from him.

4/17/2019 8:07 am  #2

Re: Barto/Alierris and His Involvement in the Guild

Thank you for making this post. I fully support the actions taken to keep the fine people of this guild together(mostly) and maintining our ability to grow towards being able to take on harder raid targets - and in between raids having fun helping and grouping with members of all levels also. =)

4/17/2019 12:10 pm  #3

Good to know what is going on.  Correct decision in my opinion.  Barto left the guild leaderless and without the power to invite, you had to do what you did.  Otherwise we would be scattered to the winds of Norrath.  Leaders should be people who encourage and inspire others.  Think you said it best... "Barto is the past.." Let us move forward and make this the guild we want it to be.

4/17/2019 3:16 pm  #4

claiming he invented Swords and boards its like PUBG claiming they invented the frying pan weapon.

4/17/2019 4:24 pm  #5

And let's not forget EQ named a zone after him too... 

4/23/2019 11:03 pm  #6

The guy has some experience and wisdom about EQ for sure.  He was smart enough to make a guild with weekend raids times knowing no other guilds were doing that.  Find the niche, fill the niche.  That brought me here.

With that said, as I familiarized myself with you all in discord and listened I grew concerned.  There was a severe tendency towards drama coming from him.  Also a nice heaping of paranoia top with a sprinkle of micromanagement.

I feel much less concerned with you guys in the lead now.  I hope you can stick with it and build a solid core of officers and we can have fun and get loots for a while together.

Transparency such as this post is key.  Keep it open and honest. GG and GL!

Im not married to S&B name.  Dont mind it but if it changed no bid deal but to me would not be worth the effort.

Last edited by GodKing (4/23/2019 11:04 pm)

10/07/2021 5:05 am  #8

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfilter
gearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedhead
handradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstress
jogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottle
kneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporal
lancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcern
mammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystem
offsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridge
randomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunit
seawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuilding
tuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

12/24/2021 7:06 am  #10

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfilter
gearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedhead
handradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstress
jogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottle
kneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporal
lancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcern
mammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystem
offsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridge
randomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunit
seawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuilding

4/01/2022 9:45 am  #12

Board footera