Heroes of Swords and Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2019 10:18 am  #1

Open post about dkp spending and looting

Hey guys i wanted to take a few minutes and address some concerns that 3 or 4 members was asking me about last night during the raid concerning loot, dkp, who can and cant bid on items and what items are limited to specific classes.

So easiest question 1st, who can and cant bid on loot. Raiders get 1st dibs followed by members and then alts. The dkp system so far is working great. People are spending points and even the alts and members are getting items on raids. Even newer characters just joining are able to get items sometimes even on their 1st raid with us using this system. Points are getting cycled theough very quickly giving everyone a chance to get loot.

Having said that though I've had a few members ask me about getting promoted to raider status. We are leaving this up to the class leaders to do. I have complete trust in their judgment they can promote as many or as few people in their class to raider status as they want. But this is a double edged sword as well. We are getting very close to having 72 people on raid nights. So what that means is we will slowly be weeding out the alts 1st then the members to ensure that any raiders who want to raid will be allowed to each night. But if a class has 20 people who are marked as raiders we may put a cap on how many from that class will be allowed to attend. So members please be patient and eventually you will be promoted up. In the meantime raid all you can and build up your dkp. Everyone on a raid gets the same dkp no matter what rank you are.

DKP is given out at certain times during the raid usually in 10 point increments. It's also given out if we get a 1st time kill. Everyone earns the points at the same rate no matter your rank. I have been posting my dumps and who spent what points on the message boards in the Raid Area section under the post for each raid. Feel free to double check my math and make sure i didnt make any mistakes. It does happen as i hate math. But with everyone keeping track of their own points any mistakes should easily and quickly be caught.

I update the points when i can so please give me time. Sometimes it may not be until 10-15 minutes before the next raid is set to begin. But all points will be updated before the next raid.

Now let's get to the items and what is only being allowed to be bid on by certain classes and why. 1st off the #1 rule we have set in place in this guild is you do not spend dkp points to buy items just to sell them off to build up your bank or to buy other items for your character. Trust me I've heard it all from members and on the surface it seems like something we should allow. I mean why shouldnt a wizard be able to bid dkp on a shield of the immaculate so they can sell it and upgrade 3 or 4 slots and buy a bunch of spells or components for spells? They were on the raids and have the dkp to spend so why not allow then to do this?

Well because to me the fun part of the game is being at a raid killing a boss and that 1 piece of highend gear dropping and you spending your dkp for that upgrade. Knowing you helped kill the mob to get that piece means more than just buying it in the ec tunnels. It's also usually alot cheaper to use dkp points from attending raids then it is to camp for days at a time to save up the pp or kr to buy those items. We would rather have people attending raids to get this gear then struggling on a raid when people would rather loot farm then come help the raid.

Another reason is as in my example if the shield got sold there's not many people in our guild willing to spend 25kr to buy one. So now we no longer have the shield in the guild but who's to say the person selling it is gonna spend all 25kr to upgrade their main character and not pay for play time or twink out a bunch of alts. Is that really fair to the warrior main who would have actually used that shield and not sold it for twink items.

It's also a morale issue when people see items being bid on and sold by classes that cant use it or people who already have better. It discourages people with lower dkp totals since now they have to blow all their dkp to get an item they would actually use. This game is supposed to be fun and it's why people play making people frustrated isn't the goal of this Guild.

And finally i just dont really want raids to turn into a way to pad someones bank account. The guild itself needs money to supply spells, port stones, resist kits, potions, etc. Eventually when everyone from the classes that needs the items gets it then we will be collecting some to be sold for kr to help the guild out. This may not be a popular opinion for some of you who only care about loot but the more money the guild has the better off we will be. I want to get to the point where if our main tank needs a specific upgrade that's just not dropping for us then we can buy it for them as a guild out of our funds. Or if someone needs something to complete and epic or a really hard quest then the guild will have money to help them out.

Once we get a stockpile of money then i have no problem starting a thread where people can ask for loans or help getting specific items. Thats what a guild is there to do.

Finally as for what items are specifically being bid on for specific classes, at this time CoF's are melee bids only and on the flip side the white dragon scales for the other cloak is caster only bids. Amulets of necropotence while on the surface looks like a caster item the click effect makes it good for the fatties so its open bids for anyone. Shield of the immaculate is also a melee only item. Thats all i can remember off the top of my head but im sure there are others. We limit these to certain classes because as a whole this is what is the best for the guild. We need these items on certain people to do the new content.

The other thing i wanted to mention is your reputation in the guild and game. I've had people tell me that during guild groups during off raid times that items may be dropping that guildies in the group say is an upgrade. Usually these groups its always NBG as it should be. But several times people have come to me saying that the item was given to the person only to see them that day or the next trying to sell the item in ec. 

This is nothing that the guild can really help with. This becomes a matter of your reputation and if people want to group with you or not. Whether you think they are not someone is always watching what you're doing. If you're just loot farming be honest about it and don't try to guilt people into giving you items by saying it's an upgrade.

These incidents are few and far inbetween it's not something that happens a lot but I did want to address it. As a guild we will be keeping watch on what items are being bid on and by who during the raids and watching what's being sold to ensure this doesn't become a problem.

The faster we get everyone equipped the easier our raids become and the more loot everybody gets. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Last edited by Burta (6/24/2019 10:23 am)

6/25/2019 3:02 pm  #2

Re: Open post about dkp spending and looting

Concerning alts, can we box an alt on raid to loot rots? Or is it preferred to play either/or?  I have generally not brought a cleric box cause I personally feel boxing on a raid is similar to double dipping dkp. now if a class is needed and a player is a good boxer, then more power to ya, but i am not so good a boxer that my cleric can be in the heal rotation but could offer SOME healing to a grp. So i have avoided raid boxing for that reasoning alone. But now with stuff starting to rot, i thought i would get an updated opinion from leadership.

6/25/2019 11:00 pm  #3

As of right now alts are fine to bring on raids. Just make sure they are tagged as an alt and when bidding u add that its an alt bid like we have been doing. Now as we get more and more people raiding eventually we will be weeding the alts out in favor or members and raiders. But for now feel free to run an t and grab any rots.

6/25/2019 11:03 pm  #4

And just to clarify my original post about selling items obtained on a raid the official guild rule is you cant sell any item drop from the current expansion mob until the next expansion.

6/26/2019 9:18 am  #5

Burta wrote:

And just to clarify my original post about selling items obtained on a raid the official guild rule is you cant sell any item drop from the current expansion mob until the next expansion.

For those who do not know, this has been dubbed the “Burnberry Rule” named after our very own Burnberry whose EC Tunnel Exploits and  Fine Art of Auction-craft are renowned throughout Norrath.

6/26/2019 2:30 pm  #6

Burta wrote:

The faster we get everyone equipped the easier our raids become and the more loot everybody gets. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Oh, you.

6/27/2019 6:25 am  #7

We as officers are in the process of discussing looting and dkp spending. Changes will be coming with an announcement before the raid this sunday june 30th. Just remember alot of compromise went into this and alot of back and forth. Nothing is perfect and nothing is gonna make everyone happy. Please bear with us as we try this out and voice any concerns or problems u notice to me, kazu or beerd. Stay tuned for the official changes.

6/28/2019 10:32 am  #8

My only concern is about epic drops that are usable as an upgrade by other classes. When all class specific raiders have that epic part, the item should be available to DKP bids. Currently, I've seen these items given to alts for their epic, this should not happen imo, especially when the item is an upgrade for a raider.

7/05/2019 9:06 am  #9

Quick note based on the Discord posting, I'm assuming ranger was an oversight and not listed because of this? Or is this really a ranger's can't roll on melee loot?   Thanks for clarification.. 

7/05/2019 11:14 am  #10

Was an oversight i edited the post. Just forgot they hit things too.

10/07/2021 12:55 am  #12

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
tuchkasсайтсайт

11/15/2021 1:24 am  #13

11/15/2021 1:25 am  #14

11/15/2021 1:26 am  #15

11/15/2021 1:27 am  #16

11/15/2021 1:28 am  #17

11/15/2021 1:29 am  #18